Sunday, June 29, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Have a great weekend!! -CB
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
With all of the extra summer activity...treat yourselves ladies...and I have to mention...we did eat all of it in less than 24 hours...that is a little embarrassing!
Monday, June 9, 2008
On the way home we stopped for ice cream, and because we had to get back in the car, we decided just to get Collin a cone to gnaw on with no ice cream....When I looked back in the car seat, to my surprise, I realized that this choc. dipped waffle cone was what Earle got for him....great idea, Earle! Collin was tickled to death about it, but I think next time we will get a plain one!!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
I can't wait until Collin is old enough to play outside with
Ben and interact with him like a playmate!
Maybe next summer, we have got to get him walking first!~!
After a few days of running countless errands, to take up some time, a friend of mine, Angela Clem, suggested that I put Ben in some swimming lessons...it has been the best thing!! He loves it and it completely wears him out.
Here is our summer routine as of this week, and it seems to be working...things can vary...
- Get up, let Ben watch Noggin while he eats his breakfast and I feed Collin.
- Finish Breakfast, put Collin back into his crib for some crib play time while I get dressed to to the the PAC(Pelican Athletic Club) which is where I work out and we can go to the pool.
- Get kids dressed and Go to swim, usually around 10:00am(usually I put Collin in childcare and just take Ben to the pool)
- Leave the PAC around 12:00
- Get home to eat lunch and then put Collin down for a nap.
- Read some books with Ben, and let him have playroom time, or a nap if he needs it.
- 3:00 Get Ben ready for his swimming lessons.
- 4:00 Swimming lessons for Ben and Collin and I watch.
- Get home just before 5:00
- Dinner between 5:00 and 6:00
- After 6:00 maybe a walk with Dad until 7:00
- Bath time and Bedtime for Collin,
- Ben might get to stay up and play bowling or baseball on the Wii with his dad,
- Usually by 8:00 Ben is in bed and Earle and I are FREE!!!
So we may not go to the pool in the mornings everyday, but here are some other options...we have been trying to go to the Library, sometimes we can go to the park, but it is starting to get really hot here in Louisiana. There is the occasional play date, or possibly McDonald's or Chick-fil-a playland. Oh yes, and occasionally some errands have to be run.
Some things I have learned that make our swimming pool outings easier are:
- Always have the kids pre-showered and as Ben would say, "greased up" with sunscreen before you get in your car to go to the pool, that way they can just get right in, and if you have to hold another child your hands are at least free of one. Don't come in street clothes, just swimsuit and t-shirt and flip flops or cover up.
- the little floating ring for Collin with the mesh netting for the toys and the little awning...it is great!
- We typically just dry off at the pool, and I put on my swimsuit cover up and just get back into the car like that, it save us the chaos of the locker room clean up and getting dressed time, we just do that at home.
- I made the mistake of buying a huge pool bag, but it does not go over my shoulder, you have to carry it in your hands...that was a big mistake...get one that goes over your shoulder.
- I am not one to spend money on clothes for myself...but seriously, ladies, invest in a good swimsuit that fits you so that you feel more confident on all of these pool outings! I finally got one that I could order by size and bra size with an underwire and a skirtini...it cost way more than I would have ever thought, but I don't feel like I have to hide behind a tree or large float! I got mine at a place called Bora Bora, but my friend Rochelle, told me that you can order them like that from Land's end...each piece probably will run you about $75.00,(so if you get both pieces $150.00+ OUCH!) but it is totally worth it...if you can save up for one. Dillards also has some good ones. And no, the only swimsuit picture you will see of me will be a headshot! In this one I can feel confident that my "girls" are not falling out and I am not showing my glory to the world while I chase my kids.
This is the little float for Collin that is awesome! I got it at Target. Bathing Suit Picture...Playing at the PAC...
Swimming Lessons at Northshore Swim
Last but not least, I wanted to show you this series of books that I found at the Library...those of you with older kiddos, probably have already seen these, but Ben is trying to learn his letter sounds better, before he starts to read, and these are really good. They are called the Sound Box Books...one for every letter by Jane Moncure. I thought that maybe I should buy the series so both of the boys could have them...but they are really expensive...about $15.00 per book. So we will be using our library quite a bit this summer!! Hope you are all off to a great start! Please give any summer tips you may have, I can always use some to make things easier!!