Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wisdom from a 3 yr. Old




Note, the picture of the dying plants....On Sunday afternoon, Ben and I were out in the backyard and he was playing in the sprinkler. I looked over to see what he was doing, and he had picked up the sprinkler and started watering the plants in our backyard...I was sitting on our patio. He was a little close to me and to avoid getting wet I asked him to put the sprinkler back down in the yard...this is how the conversation went...


Me: Ben! No, No, please go put the sprinkler back down in the yard and play with it out there!


Ben: No, mommy.


Me: Yes, Ben!


Ben: But, mommy, the plants NEED water to live!


Me: Who told you that, Ben?


Ben: Uh, God did mommy.


I thought that was pretty funny! Earle and I have a hard time keeping things green, simply because there does not seem to be enough time in the week to always water the plants. We generally get the lawn mowed and the yard clean, but we are usually distracted with the boys by the time we get to making things pretty! Ben has just proven to me that he can handle the job of plant watering!!
This is Ben after he finished his last swimming lesson this year! He was so proud of his ribbon!!Here is Collin just hanging out and feeling much better this week!

2 comments: