Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Quiet Fox

This, my friends, is known at many a preschool as the "Quiet Fox." I am pretty sure that this is what the teachers have the kids to as they walk down hallways during school to remind themselves to be very quiet.


At our house, it has taken the form of a whole new monster. While smiling in the first photo, the one underneath is the general expression that I get when Collin does the quiet fox, though the one below he is actually doing the sign for 'I Love You.' He did think he was doing the quiet fox but forgot to put his thumb in.
Collin does not use the quiet fox at home to remind himself of being quiet. He tries to use it as a weapon to get others to be quiet. Here are some examples of when Collin uses the quiet fox:
  • When he is singing a song and I try to sing along with him.
  • When he is watching a cartoon and I am talking too loud in the same room.
  • When I ask him to do something that he does not want to do.
I will say that he really dislikes it when I use the quiet fox on him.

The picture below is another one of Collin's made up signs.
We refer to it as "Silent Talk Block," but he will not speak what it is called, if he even has a name for it.
Yet another random sign that he has started using when he wants us to be quiet. Sometimes he will use this one when he is just tired of listening to whatever it is we are discussing. We will be having a conversation at dinner and *BAM* we are given the "talk block" with a cool glare.

Trying to create the power to silently hush others at age four. Huh. It is possible that I should be concerned. Hopefully just a peculiar phase. Imagine what we could all do with that power!
~CB

No comments:

Post a Comment