Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Smiling at us.....










We arrived back in Calgary on Monday. It is such a strange feeling to be glad to be home but yet anxious about the fact that we know we are not going to be here for much longer. I am surprised that though I knew it would be a while before we would be back to the U.S., I got that warm, happy feeling as we were driving back to our home. While we were gone, our little garden in the front yard bloomed beautifully! It was as though this place was smiling at us and glad we were back. I feel strangely at home here in my little pocket of life, that continues far away from what I am used to. Other than the fact that our family and close friends are so far away, I think that our little family would have been quite happy if we had had the option to stay here. We would have rather enjoyed it! I have never tended to a garden before, I always have made excuses that I am horrible at gardening. This one was already there, under all of the weeds, so pulling up the weeds and cutting everything back was really pretty easy. I have learned that I enjoy taking care of this garden. It is quite therapeutic actually. In my head while I have been working in this garden, I have thought that this was kind of like my tiny garden of Eden...minus the snakes, of course. And how symbolic this little garden is to me. How God told us to to tend to his garden, when we pull up the weeds in our own lives how beautiful things become. How we are to try to bloom where he plants us, even if there are quite a few weeds to be pulled first. I also thought about how every year when the flowers die, they always come back the next year...kind of like the rainbow sign, it is yet another sign of God's promise to us. It is like He is smiling at us too. It is like God is telling me to relax, enjoy where I am, don't be anxious about the next step, stretch out and take it all in, and He'll take care of the rest. That is kind of what I feel like doing! I feel strangely at peace about what is to come....I am saying this all now of course! We'll see in about three months how calm I am feeling!! Anyway, just thought I would share!!

CB

9 comments:

  1. I think Calgary would love it, too, if you stayed in your "little pocket of the world." PLEASE stay. Please?!?!?! And if you don't stay, don't talk about leaving yet, K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Erin. If we both beg, will you stay????? PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a say in it!! We love it here!! Shell says no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry we missed getting to see you, but I'm so glad that you had a good time here.
    When will you know when and where you will be moving to? I'm so glad you can have a such a good attitude about being "shuffled" around, b/c I'm not sure I could be so patient and flexible. I know God has so many good things in store for your little family, so I'm sure knowing that gives you peace! Please keep us posted!
    Your flowers are beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me cry a little...i also don't want you guys to move :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I thought your post CB said 'hell no' so I had to read it again and it said 'Shell says no'. Either way, if you stay I'll see ya, if you leave...I'll be seeing ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, You are just a keeper!

    No matter where you are you truely bloom! And all those that you impact want you close by! Of course I'm not surprised at what great friends you've made in Canada and how sad they will. I was in their shoes a year ago. I am sad for them too because I know how much they'll miss you.
    Canada Girls: My only advice, be so thankful you had Carrie in your lives for this past year God's blessings are great and just look forward to a Coffee and Chocolate Party in heaven I'm throwing one at my mansion
    'guest of honor Carrie Brown'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle,
    You are so sweet and Hilarious all at the same time!! I am totally down with the choc. and coffee party...especially because we can't even gain weight in heaven, so we can have as much as we like..all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Screw SHell....Earl can work for Petro-Canada, Esso (Exxon), Husky, Suncor, Encana or countless other oil companies!! Defect, defect!! lol

    Steve

    ReplyDelete