Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stampede Weekend...


This weekend we decided to go to the Stampede on Saturday evening. The Stampede is a very big deal here in Calgary. I was not really wanting to go...but Earle said that we "had" to experience it...so I succumbed. It actually ended up being a great cool evening and the kids had a good time. My friend Becky Hammond joined us. We rode a couple of rides, saw what all the fuss was about and experience a couple samplings of food that I do not ever want to know the nutritional value of.



Fried Oreos....they also had fried Twinkies and snickers bars...but these are what we tried.



Me and Rebel Hammond




Ben was sad because he was not tall enough to go on most of the rides...he likes the scary ones that most adults don't love going on...but, he was able to ride the kiddie roller coaster...accompanied of course....oh to be 48 inches tall...maybe next year...he was 45.



Ben chose this hat for himself...quite nice, I think.



Pizza on a stick...a great idea, I think for kids...not so messy, I think I might have to recreate a little version of this for birthday party food!!

Cowboy Collin...
After church this afternoon we just went to the park for a picnic. They loved it...I think we should do it every weekend until the snow comes back!


CB

2 comments:

  1. Fried Oreos?? That looks ridiculous -- and sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how were the oreos? And what exactly is a stampede, a carnival? I loved the pic of COllin with his hamburger. What a cutie! THose little boys of ours are such boogers but so cute that we still have to smile at them!

    ReplyDelete