Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mommy's little helper...




















Yesterday I decided to go out and see if I could clean up the garden in our front yard. Our neighbor, with whom we share a lot, has an amazing garden. She told me that a couple of owners back that the guy who lived in our house was a professional gardener and had put much work into our yard. I am no gardener but I do clean well and I cut my boy's hair..so I used those concepts! I decided to see if I could go and cut away the debris and find the pretty things....and so it worked! We have rose bushes that should bloom, and lots of beautiful flowers and a big lilac bush that should actually bloom this year. Collin was so interested in the whole thing and helped me pulled weeds etc...Ben helped too, but Collin stuck around and kept asking me to take his picture while he was posing amongst the flowers and weeds...too cute! I will post a picture of the garden after everything has bloomed! I had neighbors stopping me last night and saying, "welcome to the neighborhood!" Apparently the the garden had not been tended to in over two years...I must have been living at the house with the eye sore in the front! LOL! Oh well, I just saw what was under the snow about a month a go!


CB

4 comments:

  1. Man, those purple flowers are gorgeous!! What have the temperatures been lately--it looks like it has warmed up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie--Collin is so stinking cute! These pictures are ADORABLE!! (We will definitely have to start pushing the "hook up" with our children--I'd be happy with either one of your boys as my son-in-law!!!:)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collie the Cutie - I wish I could spend the afternoon with you and the kids. I wonder what Collin is like now! Yeah - no more snow!

    The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete