Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mommy-less weekend!





This weekend was an eventful one! I went on ladies' retreat from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening and had a great time while Earle held down the fort at home. I was not even able to call him all weekend because there was no cell-phone service at the Salem Bible Camp way up somewhere in the middle of Canada. We had beautiful weather this weekend!! This past week, it seems that everything has started blooming and spring/summer is actually here! It was so nice to get away and get to visit with other ladies without kids crawling on me or interrupting my conversation..and I must say, I do feel a bit more refreshed this week!! On Friday, Ben had a Bike-a-thon at school, that we got to see and Earle even surprised him by getting off of work a little early and showing up!










Earle had planned to take the boys to Heritage Park while I was gone. It looks like they had a great time on the rides and on the train.

















I was told that there were movies rented, pizza and popcorn eaten and lots of time outside playing!! Thanks Earle for being such a good dad and husband! I am pretty sure I have re-gained some sanity cells in the brain! See Earle, I think I am nicer now that I am back, don't you think??? :):):)



CB










2 comments:

  1. awww, what a nice guy earle is to let you sneak away for the weekend! looks like he and the boys had fun, so i doubt it was too much trouble...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That settles it. I'm going next year. I need to get some brain cells back too!! LOL

    So, I had no idea you were in Winnipeg for the ladies retreat (pssstt...Winnipeg is the REAL 'middle of Canada'). haha Just buggin' ya my friend!

    ReplyDelete