Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Free Time in the evenings...

A quick shot of downtown.
Ben sometimes gets tired! Go Earle!

Walking down Kensington road with all of the cute shops, and coffee shops!


Kensington(little urban inner city district) apartments that I think are so pretty...I love walking by them!



I think this house has so much character charm with the purple tree...there are lots of cute houses like this on our street.





Three boys.




We have really been enjoying our free time in the evenings! All of our television shows are currently on re-runs and it has been staying light outside here until almost 10pm every night, so we have quite a bit of time after dinner to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather! I must say, the warm season here is so nice and pleasant! We have really enjoyed going on evening walks. We walk to blockbuster or the grocery store...or just take the kids to the park. The little trunk on Collin's little car hold a few DVD's nicely and we feel oh so Calgarian when we take our green echo friendly cloth bag to Safeway to carry back our groceries.:) We have really enjoyed living in a part of the city that everything is just a quick walk away. I think this will really be something that we either miss, or think carefully about when we pick our next U.S. house. I have been taking my camera with me taking random pictures so that I can bring my computer with me when we come back to the states in a couple of weeks and give people an idea of what it is like where we are currently living! I definately want to remember this beautiful city and what it looked like in the summer and how we enjoyed it!! Here a just a few pics from the evening!!






CB

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! It's great to see what you see! I'm so glad you're getting to come home soon. I know your family misses you terribly! :( Any idea how long you guys are going to be there? And do you still own the house in LA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AFter my week with no internet, and then this weeke of trying to get caught up, I've gotten sooo behind with everyone's blogs. It looks like you guys are having so much fun outside finally. I'm glad you're able to enjoy the nice weather. Our nice weather is gone now, and it's just plain HOT. (Except today...it rained this morning and cooled things down a bit.) It's beautiful there, and I'm so glad that you've already found your little "piece of Calgary" that will become part of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's not official yet that you're leaving, right??? We have to get many more evenings like last Saturday in if you are leaving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries Aisling! We still have another 6 months or so!! But the last have gone by so fast! We'll get in lots more good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pict's make me want to visit. What a cute town! YOU survived the snow ... YEAH SUMMER!!! Love the picture of Ben on the sidewalk hugging his knee --SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete