Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mexican Fiesta Night and fun friend time...



Ready or NOT!















They were hiding...Sam was IT!

Ready set, RED LIGHT!




The easy ones....so sweet!Big boys making pizza while the little ones steal the pepperonis...
It is quite hard to find good Mexican food way up here in Canada. A couple of weeks ago a colleague of Earle's at work, brought us 4 cans of rotel back from the U.S. I was so excited that I decided we had to have some friends over to share in the tastiness! Last night we had a few couples over to partake in the fun! Two of the other couples were American and one was Canadian, so we all pitched in for a huge buffet of Mexican foods...kind of Texas style! I have to admit, this morning I am feeling quite bloated from all of the eating....but it was really good! We also had a house full of crazy kiddos and mad pandemonium. I am pretty sure the kids had a great time playing. I took them outside for awhile and we played some kid games...I realized it was a great moment for photo taking! They played hide and seek, red light green light and freeze tag...which was kind of hard for the little kids because they like to make up their own rules. I hope the neighbors did not mind the fact that we were playing in their yard and using their house to hide around..and their car as base! Just to give you an idea of the length of day up here right now, these pics were taken close to nine o'clock in the evening. I should have gotten pics of the adults...next time! There are also a few here from a week ago when we had a two of the same kiddos over. I realized I needed these pics to put in our memories. I recently downloaded blurb.com for the third time and and finally decided to start making our blog into yearly books. The only one I have finished so far is 2007 and it turned out pretty good. I am including a photo of it for your viewing pleasure..and must say that if you use your blog like you do a scrapbook, it is definitely worth the fifty to sixty dollars to do it! It includes all of your written posts and photos. Maybe blurb.com should pay me for advertising! I got the hard cover because I figured it might hold up a little better, but you can get it hard cover with the book cover, which actually looks even nicer, I think.


Ciao
~CB

5 comments:

  1. Good food and good laughs! Thanks for sharing your Rotel.....Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun and visiting. Glad you posted the pictures.
    Mops

    ReplyDelete
  3. last night was super fun - thanks again for inviting us, your canadian friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had so much fun, Carrie. I really appreciate you and Earle and your creativity!! Thank you for taking pictures- I didn't know you did that!!! Love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your boys have a bunch of cute, new, little friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete