Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love you, I love you, I love you I do....

All of the sweet Mother's Day gifts!


Special Tea Party...look how nicely the kids sat the tables for us!



I had a great Mother's Day today. Other than the fact that I could not spend it with my own mother, my little princes and king treated me like a queen! On Friday, Ben's school had a Mother's Day Tea for all of the mothers. It was sweet and they sang us some little songs. They laid out rose petals on the table and served us bowls of fruit. They made us some sweet little cards. Then on Saturday, my mom sent me some of our favorite baked goodies...some Crave cupcakes!! Last night a friend of ours babysat the kids while Earle and I got to go on a date. My friend also surprised me with a sweet Mother's Day card and some flowers. Today, I got to get up and go for a walk by myself. The boys had gotten me surprises..so as I was getting ready for church, Ben brought up a bushel of daisies that he picked out especially for me. Ben had also picked out a card that he and Collin both fought over who would get to bring me...I felt so special! ;) I thought that they had given me such sweet gifts, but as I walked into the kitchen I saw that Earle had gotten me the Rachel Ray pots and pans set that I had wanted! Whoo-hoo!! We can now get rid of the scraped up cheap pots and pans we have been using since we got married!! No more little bits of coating in the cooking!!

We had a good day at church, Ben gave me this little sunflower cut magnet out with his picture on it that he made in Bible Class...I thought it was precious, but pretty funny.
We tried to get a decent "Mother's Day" picture of everyone acting nice...but it just did not happen for us. So Earle took some pictures of us making funny faces while the boys enjoyed the cupcakes that Cindy sent us. At Ben's school all of the kids sang this song to their moms and I decided it was ever so fitting for this post....

I Love You,
I Love You,
I Love You,
I DO;
But don't get excited,
I love Monkeys too!








Hope you all had a great day with your monkeys too!!
~CB


6 comments:

  1. Awesome pics as usual Carrie. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it cause you are indeed a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. I'm glad 'cause you deserve it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the sunflower magnet of Ben is very funny. It is definately his goofy face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, These cupcakes look so yummy! And yes, that toilet water thing was GROSS!! I think I'm gonna pray for girls. :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete