Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunday....



Conversation a few days ago...went as follows....
Ben randomly asks, "Mommy, do you have to die and be dead to go to God?"
I reply, "Yes, in a way, we do have to die, someday, everybody does."
"Oh, okay. What is it like when we die and go to God?" says he.
"I know it will be great and God will take care of us." I say.
"Can we bring our toys, does Jesus have toys?" he asks.
"No, we can't bring our toys, we won't need them ," I say.
"Can we play?" he asks.
"Yes, I am sure we can play." I say.

Fast forward to yesterday....
Yesterday we were driving back from the store and Ben piped up with another in a constant stream of questions/statements.
"So Mommy, what's it going to be like on Sunday when me, you, Daddy and Collin go to God. Are we going to get to ride a cloud. Maybe if we ask Him, He'll let us. Maybe if we have a good report we can ride the clouds."


"I am not quite sure what you are saying Ben, on Sunday, this Sunday?" I replied.


"Yes, Mommy, you told me yesterday that we would all go to God together Sunday," says Ben.


" I think I told you, SOME day, Ben, SOME day. If we keep trying to obey God, and try to make good choices, and get a good report, yes, we'll all be there SOME Day! And maybe he'll say yes, about the clouds, you can ask him."




It freaked me out a little at first. The willingness to just go from a 4 yr. old just amazes me...blind faith, no fear, and sheer excitement. Ahhh the questions and inquisitions of my Ben. :):)


CB

7 comments:

  1. That was funny! Thanks for sharing. I love that kind of Faith too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!! He is so smart and funny! I bet Grandpa Dan will appreciate that story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie! I just caught up on all your recent posts..I don't know why I have such a hard time remembering to check this...You are a truly amazing person and have such a way of communicating with others so we all feel like we are always right there with you even when your thousands of miles away! YOU encourage ME everyday, so don't worry about feeling down, you're normal and God SURELY has AMAZING plans for you!! Love ya!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a GREAT story! I am so glad you documented that one!
    Wow. If only we could just believe and accept the way he did.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I don't know what we'd do if we didn't have these kids around to remind us what child-like faith really is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post---from the mouth's of children we can learn soooo much. What a great reminder of how we need to have faith like a child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love his little inquisitive mind! It's amazing the questions that pop up, and it sounds like you and Ben have some great conversations. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete