Friday, March 6, 2009

Carrie's Favorite Things 2009

Okay, I decided to post a favorite things mostly because I really would like to know what you like and what are your favorite things. When deciding what to put on here, I decided it had to be all about me...what was easy, practical and made my days a little easier. I thought about putting kid stuff on here, but the list may have been a little long. So here are some of my favorite things this year...and some have been my favorite things for many years. If you feel inclined to do so, please post your favorite things!!


My Snowboots: These are newly one of my favorite things since we moved here a couple of months ago. I never have to worry about getting them dirty or my feet being warm because they do the trick! They are insulated and I think I got them at Wal-mart. I am sure you could find a much nicer, fancier pair, but these work for me.

The Straw Bowl: This is all about me because it helps cut down on soup and cereal spilt everywhere. I just tell Collin and Ben to drink their soup and eat out the chunks...and cereal is the same! I love whoever invented this!
Insulated Starbucks Cold Cup: This is an insulated plastic cup with a plastic straw that I purchased last summer when I got Frap.'s at Starbucks everyday. They do give you a discount if you use it, it fits a grande size but looks like a venti. I actually use this all day at home for water, iced tea, or really anything. It was well worth the $15.00. It also fits nicely in my car cup holder so I can take my beverage on the go. I don't know why I love it as much as I do, but I just do.Beverage System and Pods: I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before, but it is the Tassimo beverage system by Bosch. It makes single servings of Cappuccino's, Lattes, Chai Tea, Coffee, Hot Choc....etc. And they are really tasty. The Cappuccino's are only 70 calories and they are so good. Anyone who has come over and tried one really likes them. You do have to buy the pods, which are about $5.00 for about 8 to 16 depending on what you get, but it has saved us money and I still feel like I can indulge on something really tasty everyday!! The Cappuccinos are my favorite one. My sister has one too and loves it, so do a few other people I know. You can get these at Target for $100.00 or at Bed Bath and Beyond for way more than that. If you like coffee and having people over for coffee, it is worth the investment! In Canada you can get them at Wal-mart.
5 Big Fat Hot Rollers: These give my hair the look of being fixed. My hair is wavy and frizzy naturally, but these smooth it out and only take about a minute to put in my hair and about 10 minutes later, pull them out, run a brush through and go. So I can go to bed with wet hair, put these in in the mornings and all is okay. They are much quicker than using a straightener, even though I do do that occasionally. They also don't make tight curls, just a loose fixed look. Huge time saver! I got them at Sally Hansen Beauty Supply.
Black & Decker Dust Buster thing:


My mother-in-law gave me this. I really like it ! It often keeps our car from being a crumb, snack, pretzel disaster. It works really well and the nozzle is skinny and can get into the cracks of a car seat. It also folds up and you can just slide it under the drink console or underneath one of the front seats. You do have to charge it occasionally, but I could probably go a week or more without charging it. I am not sure where she got it, but I would think Target or Wal-mart.

Treadmill: Okay I usually have a gym membership, but here it is a little less practical to get out and a little more expensive because you have to pay by the hour for childcare even if you have a family membership. This is about 6 or 7 years old and I bought it at a place that sold used fitness equipment. It cost me half of what my year membership would have cost me. It is right by my side of the bed and right in front of the Television...and I use it when Collin is down for a nap and Ben is having quiet time. It is all about practically fitting exercise into my day, or I don't do it. The Last Resort Bra: (click on the title)
To go along with the exercising, this has been one of my favorite things for a few years. I used to have a really hard time finding a sports bra that would do the trick. Sometimes I would have to wear 2 , one on top of the other. This is so worth the money if you ever have had that problem! I still use them so check out the link!

Cute Little Red Rhinestone Reading Glasses: I got these at a bookstore. I recently realized my eyes were getting harder to focus on reading. I was not happy because that means I am getting old!! But these were cute and made me happy!

That is all I could think of today!! Enjoy and tell me yours!! And Yay....this is my 100th post!!
CB

4 comments:

  1. carrie - i found you from erin's blog! i love your list...i think i might steal your idea and do my own list! josh and i were so happy to meet you and earle last night...we had lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your favorite things list!!! I think if I were going to list my favorite things Friday pizza night with sweet friends would be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to see a picture of you and that bra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should add your awesome air mattresses to the list....

    ReplyDelete