Friday, February 6, 2009

Happenings this Week?!!

Just a typical week really! I woke up yesterday morning and both Ben and Molly were laying next to me...Molly virtually on top of Ben, accept for his head...I thought it was funny, because Molly never goes near Ben...so, I ran downstairs to get my camera, when I came back Molly was wagging her tail across Ben's face and tickling him and waking up....Ben was surprised by the situation! I thought it was funny. Ben said he didn't like it.



Last night we decided to try the kids out at a family skate night...the whole family for $10.00. Ben has been talking non-stop about wanting to be a Hockey Goalie..so I figured we needed to start with roller skating first before ice skating! Ben was excited but had never been skating before. When we got there, we realized that his last year's Christmas skates did not even go over his shoe...so he had to wear the real deal or we just had to go home. I was SOOO proud of him. He was very wobbly and fell at least 50 times, but he just kept getting back up and trying again. He really improved over the course of the hour and a half we were there. He was still clinging to the side for dear life, but he could keep himself up, so that was really good! I will say that my muscles are really sore in the arms and shoulders today!! I was the one who kept pulling him up! Earle did go around with him a couple of times!! I think we'll keep going!







Not to be outdone by his big brother, at the end of the night I decided to see if those little skates would fit someone else...he was actually really sturdy on them! I even took him out on the rink like a little pro.
One of Ben's ultimate pass-times is Lego Star Wars on the Wii....this week, Collin and Ben have made it a bonding experience. Collin digs his non-working controller out of the toy box and sits there with Ben thinking he is playing too...it is hilarious, but they love playing the Wii together now!! Ben is good to keep Collin thinking he is actually playing!
This last picture is something that I thought was really fun. I have been stalking Craigslist for a few weeks for a "basement" couch. I just did not want to pay full price for one, so I saw a picture of this couch and the matching chair. They were asking $325 for both, so I thought I would have a look. The photographs are really grainy and do not do it justice...but it is really cute and in great condition. The people were simply, "re-modeling" so the man wanted to get something else. When I got there they offered me the other chair and ottoman for a grand total of $400 for everything!! I thought it was so cute that our old couch is now the basement couch!! I was excited and thought it was a great deal! So you should totally try out Craigslist if you need something..just beware of crazy people and scams!! Have a good weekend!!! CB









6 comments:

  1. Aww, your little guys are such good troopers. And how fun ... family skate night. I haven't been skating in years.

    And sister, I am a Craiglist stalker too.. My whole house is furnished courtesy of Craigslist. You really did get a great deal, that furniture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - it sounds like you guys are doing great up there in the frozen north! I'm so glad you guys had fun roller skating, now onto the ice??? Your furniture is great, such a good find! I've been looking on craigslist some too, but there's not that great of a selection around here. I also love the pic of the boys playing the Wii together. That is one of Russell and Drew's favorite pasttimes too. Drew has his own wheel and controller (without batteries) for Mario Kart!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are growing up! What a fun family night. I bet ya'll just laughed all night... Check out Zwaggle.com to trade kids stuff with others for points not money. Great new furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute furniture! I still can't believe that Collin is SO big!! Thanks again for calling this week - so good to hear your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of them playing Wii. That is too cute!
    I've never been on Craigslist...I guess I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...I remember when we could give Micah a non-working controller and he didn't know any better. I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete