Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Happy Birthday!

Today was my birthday and it was a really great day! My day started out this morning with Ladies' Bible study. One of my friends gave me a really sweet card and these pretty flowers and they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me Canada style(there is a little added blessing verse). Then I got an hour or so of kid less time during the study!



As the day progressed Earle had planned little sweet things for the whole day. I have to say, he really made an effort for me to have a special birthday. This afternoon the doorbell rang and they delivered a dozen roses and this Happy Birthday Balloon. When Earle got home from work, he came with goodies...he bought a delicious cake from a specialty bakery called here "Crave". It was a four layer choc. cake with butter cream icing....GO EARLE!! Then Ben handed me a card that he had picked out himself for me...and he had signed it himself too.:) I tried to take a pic, but it did not turn out very well. Next, Earle had taken the initiative and called my friend Erin to get the name and number of a trusted babysitter so that we could go out on a date. He took me to a restaurant here in Calgary called Caesar's. It was soooo good. Since it was my birthday, I decided to go for it! I ordered the Filet Mignon, medium, smothered in Peppercorns with a loaded potato! It was really awesome! I think one of the best steaks I've ever had! And I think Earle even has enough left from my dinner for lunch tomorrow! It was a great date and a great day. I am so thankful for all of my blessings! Thank you Earle for doing Everything Right! You made it special!

Now hopefully my family will get some power soon in Paducah! Please keep them in your prayers! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

CB

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Earle, you are the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday you celebrated!! Glad you are getting settled in Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks fantastic!! Glad you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to have a great birthday even when you are not a kid. I just love it when our husbands get it right! No offense men but we really do need a little pampering and we are not fond of letting you know that because that just negates the point.
    Yeah- Earle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fun day! Still missing you- hope to talk to you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go,Earle! And that steak looks awesome. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete