Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lesson Learned in Bible Class....:)

If you are looking for a deep and meaningful post I am not sure you will get what you set out for. I am only saying that because Earle and I went to a different class on Sunday morning at church. It was actually really good. It is going to be on parenting..which is something that I think would be great for us to be a part of. As part of the intro, the teacher was describing how the commitment to the marriage relationship is so vital to our successful parenting. The teacher went over some of the His Needs/Her Needs literature that Earle and I had taken about 7 or so years ago. The whole idea of the Love Bank and withdrawals and deposits...etc. While going over this, we discussed the "Top 5" collective emotional needs for the man and the woman....I have heard all of this before...but somehow today what I saw looked different on the note paper I was writing....here is what the teacher said were the men's top 5 emotional needs in pretty much this order:

5. Admiration
4. Family Support
3. Attractive Spouse
2. Recreational Companionship
1. Sex

This is what my brain interpreted the list as:

5. Tell him he's great at everything and rub his feet.
4. Clean his house, do his clothes and make him dinner, and take care of the children.
3. Work out, fix hair, don't wear frumpy clothes even when you are tired and have cramps
2. Always let him watch football..and make sure I am enthusiastically watching with him..
1. Make sure you always have enough sex to keep him satiated.


Come on People!!! Sometimes a woman gets tired!
Yes, this was meant to be funny!! Yes, I am blessed to have a wonderful man as my husband...but Yes, absolutely, the author of the Love Bank and His Needs/Her Needs is a MAN!!! Does anyone share in the same sentiment??? :):):)

3 comments:

  1. I remember thinking the same thing when I read that book...and I wasn't even married yet! You're funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon. I grew up with Earle, and saw your blog on Facebook. After reading this post, I just had to comment. How funny and how true.

    ReplyDelete