Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's going on this week??? Ramblings!:)

It has been a good week! So far we are settling in pretty well. We spent all of last week "turbo unpacking" boxes. We got mostly done except for a few, which I have chosen to ignore this week because I was burned out on unpacking boxes!!
The boys are adjusting really well. Ben is still loving his school. This week he had, "winter play day" which they got to bring big cartons full of frozen colored ice to build a class igloo. That was something new for him! He got to wear his snowsuit to school and have a great time playing!
It has been a great week for me. I have gotten to visit with several different ladies in the area. Our church has a Moms and Tots group which I think is quite similar to M.O.P.S. in the states. So we have gone to that the past two weeks. I have also been going to a Thursday morning Ladies Bible Study that has been great. There is also childcare there. Collin is used to being left in childcare for a couple of hours at a time. I have to say, he has been pretty spoiled up to this point with only having me around...but it is time!! This week I had two separate mornings with a couple of hours of uninterrupted adult time! So this is progress!!
The people here are really friendly and most seem really interested in getting to know new people, which is so nice! I have been able to have coffee with some people two different days this week! I have found that my Tassimo Beverage maker is great for having people over for coffee! And I can just let the boys run wild or put Collin down for his naps! It seems to work a little easier with the kids than meeting up at Starbucks...but I do still love Starbucks, of course! I have found a drive thru Starbucks which makes me happy about twice a week! This week, we are enjoying a "Chinook". A Chinook is when a warm wind blows over and melts the snow away. So today, I think it got up to about 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It gets like this for about 3 days or so and then a cold spell comes and puts us back into the -0 temps. So this is how they have the winters here. I think it is supposed to be a nice weekend.
Something funny to share:
Last week I was talking with someone and trying to figure out when we could get our families together for a visit. I suggested this weekend and the very sweet person said, "Um, no that won't work, the weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm sorry, I think our family will be ice-fishing."

That cracked me up! You would never hear a sincere answer like that in the States! But she was serious and she and her family go ice-fishing all of the time!!

Today is my Birthday...and I already have great things to share...but it is not over yet, so I will save it for the next post! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
CB

1 comment:

  1. Ice fishing??
    Sooo glad you are making friends Carrie. It's so important to have good female companions!!

    ReplyDelete