Sunday, August 17, 2008

This Week at our House...




























We had a great time visiting with our niece, Summer, who came to visit us for the week. We spent some time in the French Quarter where we got to take her to Cafe Du Monde, Jackson Square, Bourbon St. and she got to see all of the the fun street performers...including a snake handler with snakes...which she got to hold and pet...Ben did not want too...that was fine with me! We also to the Hard Rock Cafe, went swimming, watched quite a bit of Olympic Gymnastics and swimming and Earle took Summer to the WWII museum where they spent Friday afternoon. It was a great visit. Now we are back into the swing of things...Here are a couple of pics from the week!!
































Ben has become quite the little helper...he actually can do a decent job with the vacuum cleaner... and he has started feeding our dogs for me most days...what a big boy!! Yeah! I have been waiting for a helper!!


CB




It is so sad, but Collin's hair is getting so long that I have to put this bandana like burpcloth or dish towel on his head so that he does not get food all through his hair every time he eats....I am still not ready to cut off his curls...but I know it needs to happen sometime in the more near future!

4 comments:

  1. Glad we got to meet Summer Wed night. Looks like you had guys did have some fun!

    You go, Ben! Big helpers are awesome!!

    Oh, Carrie...you have to keep that picture for Collin to see someday. What's Earle saying about the hair? You're right, though...they look so grown up after that first haircut, especially after it has been so long and curly... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ben is such an awsome helper I have found this to be true as well. He has helped me many times at church. I just love him! Chores are good for the soul, mind, busy little hands, and for our spirits. I'll have to make a post about our favorite chores - it really is quite amazing what small kids can do to if you give them a job to do and contantly praise them along the way.

    Carrie - I know your baby is so cute with long hair but I'm with Earle on this one, It's time . . . Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several things to say but first of all, we are thrilled about Earle's mom! God is faithful, isn't he?

    Your boys are adorable. Go Ben! Way to be a big boy helper! I am waiting for my help to arrive too, Carrie... hee hee!

    Don't cut your babies hair. I did and I regret it. I know you have to at some point but hang in there as long as you can. I miss Alex's curls. However, they are coming back! Woo hoo!

    Also, Summer is so grown up! That is neat that she came to visit. I hope she is doing great! Great picture of her and Earle. Did you make him pose like that? : )

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cracking me up with the doorag thing. I love it! - rochelle

    ReplyDelete