Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Family Favorite....

Okay, I have to share...there is a restaurant in Houston called "Chuys". They have this awesome dip called Jalapeno Ranch Dip that they serve with chips and the food. Earle and I used to absolutely love this dip! The other week when Rochelle was visiting, we were trying to find the recipe online to recreate it. The one that Earle and I tried was absolutely awesome!! I tweaked it a little to fit our liking and needs and we have had to have a constant bowl of it in the refrigerator ever since. It only takes about 5 minutes to make up and you can make it healthy so you don't feel a bit guilty about eating it. It is great with chips, sandwiches, or veggies! It is pretty hot, but I threw a little sweet in there to balance out the jalapenos!! Here it is:

1 Cup of Sour Cream(we use fat free)
1 cup of Mayo (we use fat free)
1 Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing mix
Garlic Powder to taste
2 Packets of Splenda or Sweet n Low
About a third of a Jar of Pickled Jalapeno Peppers(0r however much you like)!!
1/4 bunch of cilantro leaves(this is optional...it is good, but we prefer it without..totally up to you)

Throw all of the ingredients in the Food Processor for about 2 minutes until creamy and chunk less!! It gets a little hotter by the day, so you might go light on the Jalapenos, and then taste it and if you need to add more you can!! YUMMMM!!! Anyway!! Enjoy!! Have a good rest of the week!!
CB

2 comments:

  1. I love that dip! I am PUMPED that you posted this!

    YUMMY! I will let you know how we enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good - however I am a wimp when it comes to hot stuff especially Halopeainios (you know what I mean). So I think I'll try it with green chilies instead. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete