Monday, May 12, 2008

A Visit with Friends!!













We had the the honor of Rochelle and Doug Waddill and their three children, Briley, Braden and Blake, coming to visit us this past weekend. I am so glad they came! It is so great to still have close friends that have been our friends for so many years...14 years I think!! Anyway, the kids had a blast. We just sort of let them run wild outside most of the time. They ran through the sprinkler, ate tons of junk food, and had a blast. Ben and Braden pretended to be "Supermen" almost the entire weekend, and they pretty well entertained themselves. By Sunday afternoon, they were so tired, poor Braden was asking if he could please take a nap! Briley played with the boys and was also really helpful...I felt bad that I had no, "little girl" dress up clothes, so we made due with some old honeymoon lingerie that we tied her up and pinned her up in and we called them "princess clothes" as you can see in the pictures. The little babies were really good as well. On Saturday night, we got two girls to come and babysit them all and went out to eat at a place called "Friends" that is on a nearby river. It was a great night and weekend!! We are so glad they made the trip! Doug and Earle spent quite a bit of time playing the Wii, and the night before they left, Rochelle was finally coaxed into playing Guitar Hero reluctantly...and I think she may have actually liked it a little...so of course I was snapping pics to preserve the moment. This is Ben's last week of school...so this week, I will be basking in the last few hours of "kid free" time!! (Collin doesn't really count yet) Hope everyone has a great week!! Enjoy the pics!!



CB






P.S. About the Stimulus Check post: Clearing my Name!!



I am embarassed to admit this, but my husband's advice may not have been completely accurate. I think that your stimulus check is not the same as it was the last time. Earle did some more reading on it, and it looks like it will not affect your taxes for this year!! He said he would post to "clear my name" but that is okay! He is truly right about these things...like 99.9% of the time...so what is a girl supposed to do...I believed him!! But the good news is, I think we can go for it and spend our checks!!! Sorry for the scare!! Have fun buying some good stuff!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, when I mentioned it to Eric, he looked very confused and didn't think it sounded right. What a relief to find out that it wasn't right - thanks for clearing that up.

    Glad you had a fun visit with the Wadills' - it's nice to see familiar faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend! I love friendships with a long history - old friends are the best. So good to see Doug and Rochelle on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny that you and Rochelle have the same hair-do except parted on different sides. :)

    Looks like you guys had a great time! I can't believe how much Briley and Braden look alike -- very sweet!

    I know this must have been a special visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that you dressed her up in lingerie! Too funny. I'll have to remember that when I have little girls come to visit, because we certainly don't have any little girl stuff around here either.

    Sorry I didn't get to talk to Rochelle and Doug at church on Sunday...you know me, always chasing my crazy kids... Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old friends! Wow, they look exactly the same. Glad you got to do that. Thanks for the stimulus update, too. Whew!!!

    ReplyDelete