Monday, May 30, 2011

Mother's Day 2011










What better than to spend a beautiful day with my boys!! They were so sweet. Lorie and Mops helped them pick out little gifts while we were in Vegas. Then they picked out pictures on the computer each to make a big collage for me with help from Lorie. Thank you Brenda and Lorie. That was very thoughtful of you! I am sure you probably saw this on Facebook, but Ben also made some cards for me at school and was very sneaking trying to get them home under his jacket when he got off of the bus in 90+ degree weather.  It had been quite a busy week for us. I had totally forgotten about having pictures taken when we were still dressed up for church. That's okay. I'd rather remember how we just were, on a normal day. God is good. I am so very blessed by my boys. They are silly, smart, messy, cantankerous, ornery, funny, and full of quirks and surprises. They question us constantly, and they do not forget a thing, ever. They keep me guessing and they astonish me. Though it is not always easy, they teach me how to be a better mother every day.  One of the best things at their young age is that they are best when they are home with us and we know them the best and get the best part of them. A constant reminder that who a person is when no one else is looking is the most accurate version of who we are. Sometimes I wish I could just press pause.  I can't wait to see who they grow up to be.
~CB

1 comment: