Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When I'm

Discussion I overheard in the car tonight went as follows....

Ben:  When you're in kindergarten, I'm gonna be in first grade, no, I'll be in second grade.

Collin: Hey Ben...

Ben: And when you're in 3rd grade I'm gonna be in 5th Grade...

Collin: You know what Ben...

Ben: And when you're in 5th grade I'm gonna be in 7th Grade

Collin: Ben..

Ben: ..and when I'm in 6th grade you're gonna be in, um, you're gonna be in 4th grade.

Collin:  Hey Ben...

Ben: Yes, Collin.

Collin: Hey Ben when I'm yowr age, you know what?

Ben: What?

Collin: When I'm yowr age, I'm gonna love you. I'm just gonna love you.

Ben with a brimming over smile giggles: He loves me.

I looked back to see them holding hands across their car seats and smiling at each other.

~CB

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. If THAT is not the sweetest brother story ever told, I don't know what is. I'm so glad you wrote that down. That is one you will want to remember.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Sibling conversation of the year award goes to those boys!

    I thought sisters were super special now I'm beginning to long for Cooper to have a brother. Oh wait, Cooper says Colin and Ben are his brothers - YES! Once again saved by the Brown's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. Book-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you glad you wrote that down to go back to in 2016!

    ReplyDelete