Saturday, February 26, 2011

Simply Saturday

I realize that I have not been posting as I should so I thought I'd do something that I thought would be sort of easy. I am way behind on pictures of the boys so I decided to take my camera with me last Saturday morning to let you follow us on our morning. The boys usually wake up early on Saturdays. This is annoying because I have to wake them up on school mornings but for some reason the past few Saturdays they have been waking up in the six o'clock hour. After we get dressed on Saturdays, the boys like to go up to a place called La Centerra near our house that has a Starbucks and lots of other shops. They also host a Farmer's market every Saturday morning and they like to sit in the courtyard and drink their hot chocolates and eat their coffee cakes and run around as they please. They play music over the speakers there so there is always lots of wild silly dancing by our two.






Love this one!

After breakfast we browsed a few shops with good sales. Collin enjoyed watching the cartoons at Crazy 8's.
 Later in the morning we go to see Ben play his basketball game. He has just tried basketball for the first time and really seems to like it. So funny to see a 5 and 6 year old team playing a game, but it is also neat to watch how they can pick up the strategies and concept of the game so quickly and really improve from game to game. Ben was really into blocking on defense during this game. Earle said they had not practiced blocking during his weekly practice but that he had played a good team the week before that were good at defense and he just decided to try his hand at overpowering blocks with his long arms and tall frame. It was funny. We were proud of him.



One of Collin's newly coined terms is, "Mom, I am SO boring!" Which means that he is bored. This is what he is telling me here at Ben's game as you can see sprawled out on the floor.






Topped the morning with kid's meals at Fazoli's. My kids think that there is nothing better than the bread sticks! It was a good morning. I am so glad that I have these good times to enjoy with these boys!

~CB

No comments:

Post a Comment