Monday, May 17, 2010

Sisters...

A few weekends ago I went to visit my sister Lorie in Mobile for the weekend. I was so glad to get to see her! We always have so much fun together! Since we had been in Calgary, I had not yet gotten to see her first house or even go to her church and meet the people that she is around. I was glad to finally get to do this. We always have fun just hanging around really not doing anything but cracking ourselves up. We ended up spending most of the weekend acting out funny scenes for pictures for a book that we made for our mom for Mother's Day. So, in the below pictures most were acted out for a reason that told part of the story in the book...We had certainly had fun doing it! I remind my sister that I used to pray for a sister all of the time and I asked God to give me one. I am so glad he did! Don't get me wrong, I love my brother too! And I am blessed to have him as well. But for some reason I felt at the age of 8 that I desperately was going to need a sister...and I did!!

My grandmother, who I call 'Ma' is having one of her sisters come up to visit her this next weekend. Her sister lives far away from her and they hardly ever get to see each other. I think the last time they saw each other was when they went to visit one of their other sisters right before she died.  She is so excited to see her sister and she insists that instead of staying at my parents with her sister there as well, she would rather her sister stay with her in her little one bedroom assisted living apartment. They are having a little elderly persons girls' weekend! I understand how excited she must be! The sad thing is that it is most likely this will be their last visit together. My little 'Ma' is hanging on, but since my grandfather passed away in December she is ready to go meet her Maker, and to be reunited with my grandfather. She still recognizes people but is slowly slipping away mentally and sleeps  for a good part of the day thinking that my grandfather talks to her from the picture she has of him in her living room.  This visit from her sister is the most excited I have heard of her being in a long time. I guess I understand, and if I were in a similar situation, I would be most excited to see my sister as well! I'll have to have my parents take some pictures so I can post one. I hope Lorie and I have many more fun visits together before that last one! This was meant to be a happy post, sorry for the sad tone!
CB

7 comments:

  1. It's not a sad post but a very sweet one and it makes me so excited for when my girls grow up some and can have fun girly, sister times.

    Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes great post! My sister lives in New Jersey and we don't get to see each other very often but when we do, we make up for the lost years. Even my daughters who had there babies within a month of each other, have shared closer times and friendship then they did in the 24 years together. It's amazing how we all grow and realize how much we need our "sisters". Thanks for sharing, Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it was very sweet! I'm glad you and your sister are close...it can be quite the bond. I used to be close with my sister when we were younger, but have drifted apart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - there's nothing like a sister. One of God's special gifts. The 2nd greatest blessing for me are my 3 sisters (1st is hubby). All so different all so special! I always feel a bit sad for women who don't have sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! I feel so honored that you blogged about our visit together. I was very sad when you left. I cried a little. I hope we always stay close, and live close when we're old. I'll have to take care of you when you start to forget things:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I feel so honored that you blogged about our visit together! We will have to live in the same place when we're old, because I will have to take care of you when you start to forget things:)

    ReplyDelete