Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Bu....

This picture was from our last visit together this past July. I am pretty sure I did not post this picture at the time because I thought it was not the best of me...but I am glad to have it now.


















Malcolm Neville Owen (George) July 1923- December 2009




My sweet grandfather who our family referred to as "Bu" passed away early Monday morning the 28th of December. He had been having some health issues over the past few months and his body just decided to give in. He was a wonderful man who lived a full and fruitful life. He was one of 9 children, born in 1923...he was a Veteran of WWII, fighting in the thick of things in Europe. He was so brave...and God spared him. He led so many people to Christ. His life was a mission. I am so glad to call him my grandfather and also so glad to have such pride in who he was. He and my grandmother were married 65 years. I will miss Bu, but I have such joy and pride in the memories of him and his character and integrity. I hope that I can lead half as fruitful of a life. No regrets! I am glad he is now rejoicing with the angels...I am sure that God is glad to have him back! Here is the link to his obituary...if you would like to read a little more about his life.... We love you Bu...We will miss your laugh, we will miss your smile, we will miss your kind and Godly heart.

CB

7 comments:

  1. Such touching pictures! What an honorable funeral for such a wonderful man- I am so glad you were able to attend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie~
    What a sweet sweet tribute! I am so sorry. It doesn't matter how long God gives them to us... we always want more, or at least I do!

    Praying for your dad and family.

    Love you,
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I am so sorry. It seems like here lately, everytime I turn around someone's parents or grandparents are dying. I guess we're getting old...

    This is such a sweet little post about Bu. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ceremony. I'm glad you were able to visit with him during the summer. You will cherish that last picture I'm sure. Praying for comfort for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to be there with your family. We are never ready to let them go. But you have wonderful memories and the trip in July was a blessing for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The post is a good tribute to your "Bu". Love
    Mops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo's of the service! It is such a gift to have a grandparent who lived so well. My grandpa made it through WWII also and I think those men who did realized the gift of life and made it their pursuit to honor that gift. I can just picture all those WWII men sharing memories at the heavenly pub or coffee-shop. The pain of loss is hard. Praying for your grandmother and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie and Earle,
    Once again I write my sympathy to you. It is never easy to lose a loved one and in your short time here, you have been called home twice. Carrie I am thankful you were able to get home. I viewed the tribute to your grandfather and was quite moved by it. It is a blessing to be close to a special older family member. We see our legacy more clearly through these relationships. Hugs and prayers coming your way.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete