Saturday, September 19, 2009

Star Wars Extravaganza Birthday Party

















Ben's 5th Birthday Party was a Star Wars Extravaganza! We had about sixteen little Jedi's running around the house. Only two of them were little girls, but I think they all had a great time! When they all got here, they all decorated their own "Jedi" vests, which I had cut out of brown paper bags. Then we played a blindfolded poster game...you put the asteroid sticker on the correct target Star Wars target...they did really well! Then they were each given some inflatable light up light sabers that I had found online..and the light saber wars began. We took them all down to the park for a game of , "Capture the Darth Vader and the Blue Light Saber" (really capture the flag...but we called the other) The actual game only lasted for about 2 minutes...until both were captured then they just wanted to have more light saber battles on the playground equipment. We came home and had Yoda Sodas...which was just rainbow sherbet and sprite...and Darth Vader and Storm trooper cupcakes. I think the Yoda Sodas were the biggest hit with the kiddos. Ben got some AWESOME gifts which he has been playing with ever since! And we ended up the party with an animated episode of 'The Clone Wars'.

One lesson that I learned....even though I tried to organize activities...all off the little boys ages 5-10 really just had the best time running around the house with their light sabers! Ben had a great time! Thanks to Mops for helping decorate the cupcakes and all of the preparing and setting up and cleaning up!! A few of the moms stayed at the party and helped us...thank you so much for all of your help! One mom even helped take some of the pictures. I think they turned out really cute! I would like to say all of the ideas for the party were original...but I really found most of them online. In most of the pics Ben would not smile...I asked him if he had been sad and he told me, "No, I told you I just did not want my picture to be taken!" Okay, well I totally know how that feels! He crashed out early on Saturday evening and so did Collin! Sunday morning as soon as Ben woke up he came downstairs and said, "Mommy, I had so much fun at my party yesterday. It was great!" That made it all worth it! Here are some links that were helpful!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great party! I can't believe you had so many! Oh my. I bet you were pretty tired from all that. The vests turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast the boys had. They are still running around with their light sabers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful 5yr old to just love his party! You are such a fun creative mom! Wish we were closer to have celebrated with you. Love the pic of collin and his cupcake - close ups are precious. Cuupcakes were too cute, I mean SCARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are such a fun mom! do you wanna adopt me for your next party??

    ReplyDelete