Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I've Got Nothing...

I have not had any great ideas for a blog post...so I guess you could call that bloggers-block! This week has been a slow one. It has been cold with snow flurries and drizzle...ick! Ben has been sick and has Strep throat with the rash..(scarlet fever) and little Collin has been running all over the house being "buck wild" and enjoying antagonizing his big brother while he is down. I am sure Collin is ready for Ben to be better so he can have his playmate back. Today I took Collin to Alberta Children's Hospital to have a precautionary test taken for Cystic Fibrosis. Due to his small size(he is in the -3% for weight and the 10% for height), the pediatrician here wants to rule it completely out, but does not think he has it. So, we should know back on that one in a day or two.
One thing I have been craving lately is Banana Bread...so I will leave you with this yummy recipe that is one of my favorites and to give credit where it is due, given to me by Rochelle Waddill who got it from her mother-in-law Sandy Waddill...

Banana Bread

1/2 Cup of Shortening
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Eggs
1 3/4 Cup of Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 mashed bananas
dash salt
Carrie Variation..( I add half a bag of semi-sweet choc. chunks or chips)

Directions:
Bake @ 350 for about an hour. Cover with foil if it starts to brown. Makes 1 loaf.

Cheers people!
CB

2 comments:

  1. I'm always craving Banana Bread! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of putting in choc chips! I am excited to try this the next time I make Banana bread

    ReplyDelete