Sunday, April 26, 2009

Died and Gone to Heaven Choc. Layer Cake...


Earle is having a co-worker over for dinner tonight, so I decided to make something a little out of the ordinary. I had to share this recipe. It comes from my cookbook Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry. It is the last recipe in the book, because it is the one they throw in for when you really want to indulge in something tasty...so unfortunately it is not at all healthy! It turned out really well, and I am really excited to have a piece of it tonight!! So anyway, if you love chocolate, you should totally try this Died and Gone to Heaven Choc. Layer Cake! The picture is the cake on the link...mine looks tasty, but not quite that perfect!!
CB


7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine it could be any better than those amazing chocolate chip cookies you made. Is there any thing you are NOT good at?!?!?!? Seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing. How did it turn out? This is the kind of cake that I like to have leftovers for breakfast... and lunch... and snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out really tasty!! The only thing is...for religious purposes, my husband's co-worker did not eat Chocolate...so I guess we'll just have to eat it ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. my. gosh.
    i love me some chocolate...and i totally agree with kathryn - that would be the best breakfast ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Religion that restricts CHOCOLATE!!! Ok now that is a great way to turn people off to God. I'm so sorry that the co-worker had a food restriction. I would have been disappointed. But you always have such a cheerful attitude about everything. Wishing I could indulge in a piece of cake with you!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - it was a great breakfast...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete