Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Plan

Well, it has been a while since our last actual post. Reasons being we really did not have any good updates as far as when we would be moving. So very frustrating for us! I have spent the whole last month waiting on pins and needles for any shred of detail that I might get about our move. Everyone has been asking, but still we have not known anything, and Earle has been in Calgary about every other week since the beginning of Nov. So finally, at last, we have a tentative plan!(susceptible to change:)

Earle is headed up to Calgary next week to spend one last week up there working before we all go. Our movers are tentatively scheduled to be at our house the 17th and 18th of December. We decided to go ahead and look at houses rather than condos...and in the process we have decided to go with an unfurnished house that Earle will be finalizing details on hopefully next week. So that means, almost everything goes, just like it would pretty much in a statewide move. But we are keeping our home in Mandeville, and our friend, Noel and her son, will be living there, house sitting and keeping up maintenance on everything. After the movers pack us and take our cars, we will have a rented car(possibly two) that we drive to my parents in Paducah with anything that will go with us on the plane. We will also be driving our dogs and their crates to my parents. We are going to have our dogs shipped by a dog transport company from my parents house. We will spend the week of Christmas with my parents in Paducah, and then, most likely on Tuesday the 30th, we will fly out of St. Louis to Calgary. We will then live in temporary housing for about 2 weeks or so, if everything goes as planned, and then around the 15th of January we will move into the home we are planning to rent.

Sorry to bore you to death...but that is the story as we know it today! We are so happy to have a tentative plan! It may have worked out better anyway. We get to spend the holidays with our families and Ben will get to finish this semester in Pre-K here in Louisiana. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Earle's family in Texas and are looking forward to a big family Christmas with my family! God's timing always has a plan...sometimes being patient is hard!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that you finally have a plan. Let us know when you will be coming by. We will be ready for you at anytime. Good luck with everything and we will be home December 17th. Party for Nik is on December 20th--Hope you guys can come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I'll be thinking of you during this time of transition! I'm sure you are glad to finally have your plan. Can't wait to see photos of your new home in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for plans! Even if it changes, at least there was something there to change, right? My goodness, though -- what a doozy. You are so very brave. I've been thinking about you and wondering...but knew that if you hadn't posted anything it was probably because you didn't know anything. I'm glad it's working out so well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would be really frustrated too, Carrie!!! What a headache! But, you're right. God has a plan and how wonderful that you can be "home" for the holidays!! I hope that we can see you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swish! What an adventure you have ahead of you -- so much to think about and prepare for. I hope you love every minute (or at least love it once every couple of days or something)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah... I love living vicariously through my friends. You all lead so much more exciting lives! Can't wait to hear all "aboot" Canada! Praying for your peace of mind this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, just going through old e-mails and found the one from when you commented on my blog and wandered back over here.

    Wow! You're moving to Canada??! My husband (did you know I got married?!) and I are going to Montreal for New Years.

    I hope this time of transition goes really well for you and your family. God bless! Kelly

    ReplyDelete