Sunday, September 21, 2008

Canada????

Okay so here's our latest news. We(Earle) are being transferred (by choice, not by force) to Canada for a year. We were approached about this the week of Gustav..and then evacuations, and hurricanes sort of slowed our information flow and we wondered for a few weeks if we are going or not. Word is out and we are going. We have our passports, and Earle was told last Thursday that he was going to tentatively be expected to start full time in right outside of Calgary as of Dec. 1st! It is a partial relocation, so we are going, but not selling our house here or really taking any of our belongings except for essential clothes and just a few things. Right now we are planning to rent a furnished condo. The downside...besides all of the crazy chaos of the next two months and the 2400 mile drive up there(with our dogs!)...is that we don't know what will happen after our year there is over. We don't know whether we will be selling our house Mandeville and moving to Houston or coming back to Louisiana. I get very impatient with unknown things like that! But we think it will be a good experience for our family and for Earle's career and are looking forward to the next year. We know God has a plan! We have already been in contact with a church in Calgary that we are looking forward to attending. I have so many questions like, how soon can I get Ben into preschool there? How do I know which preschools are good? Is this going to mess up his kindergarten/Pre-K schedule etc.... Luckily he is the youngest Pre-Kr in his class, so if we have to repeat next year, it will be okay, or if we have to repeat kindergarten it will be okay. Today Earle and I worked with Ben on trying to practice writing his name. Fine motor skills are so hard for little boys!! But we were excited when with some strong coaching, he was able to write his name or the semblance there of all by himself! So yeah Ben! I posted a pic of it!! Anyway, that is the latest! We would love visitors once we get settled a little!

CB

6 comments:

  1. I saw that on Facebook about Canada! What an exciting adventure God is taking you on. You are right - He does have a plan. I know your family will be a blessing wherever you are. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul's standing here with me, we were naming all the places you guys have lived over the last few years. Can't believe you are moving to Canada!! You seem to be very positive, I admire your great attitude!! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What exciting news for you. I think it's great that you are able to take on this adventure with great expectations!

    I read the blog of a girl I knew at church here in Fairfax whose family moved to Canada last year (I think they were in Houston, too). Her blog is http://erinlo.blogspot.com/ - she might be able to give some great advice!

    Keep us posted - take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! I am really excited to hear about you moving to Canada! E-mail me and I'll give you my #- erin76@juno.com. We would LOVE to help you any way that we can! -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, you are so brave -- and positive as ever.

    Ben, good work on your name, man!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! Hope your move goes smoothly! I'll be in Calgary in the next 6 months.. hope we can all meet up! Love ya guys! -Brady and Nat

    ReplyDelete