Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav Update

It has been a whirlwind of activity for us since Friday. We had already planned to go visit Carrie's grandparents in Huntsville, AL for the Labor Day weekend so we headed out of town on Friday morning. In hindsight, this was a good move as our Parish called for emergency evacuation at 7 am this morning. I have been tracking via the internet today and apparently the interstates are gridlocked out of N.O. We are here in Paducah keeping our fingers crossed. We live above lake Ponchartrain but that still puts us east of the eye which in general experiences some of the worst weather. Our main concern right now is the high winds given the number of trees in our yard. I don't think flooding will be a problem for us (hopefully), but we do have insurance. Please keep all of those in the N.O area in your prayers.

EB

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are safe. We're worried about the trees, too. Joining you in anxious prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO glad to see this post!! I've been thinking about you guys and hoping that you are safe. We will be praying for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you guys are safe and sound here in Paducah!! We'll pray that you make it back to find your house the way you left it!! :) I hope we can see you while you're here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about your family a lot this weekend, and I'm glad you are somewhere safe. Hope you don't have many problems waiting for you at home!

    ReplyDelete