Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School....Back to Budget!

Something that most people know about Earle and I is that we are always trying to work within our budget. I guess that is probably not a shock to anyone's system considering Earle is a Financial Anaylst! Sometimes it can be annoying and sometimes it can be empowering! We took Crown Ministries a couple of months after we got married, and then co-lead a few groups after that...but we are always re-assessing and re-defining our budget! Summer is always crazy because of unplanned weekend trips, extra eating out and gas money on those trips...etc....So, now that we are pretty much home and settled we have to come to grips with reality and get back on track with living responsibly within a family budget! For us that means, only one credit card, and sometimes using cash for everyday expenses. We usually eat out much less during, "Lock down Budget time" and don't go shopping as much for items that we don't need. Also, we have to plan for Holiday spending etc.
I recently saw these two posts on Yahoo, and if you did not get a chance to see them, I thought I would post the links.
This one is called: "How a Family Saves big by living on Cash Only"
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/indexFP.php?rn=3906861&cl=9425290&ch=4226720

This on is an ABC news clip "Tips: By America's Cheapest Family" (I think you have to listen to a quick advertisment first..sorry)
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5496045

Anyway, I am needing to take some more pics of the boys...so I thought this might be a good tide me over post!! I found the clips really interesting! Hope you enjoy!!
CB

1 comment:

  1. Carrie-
    Here is another version of Chuy's creamy jal. dip!!! Thanks for sharing yours! (I know I should have posted this on the previous post!)

    16oz sour cream
    1 packet Ranch dip mix
    1 can (~7oz) pickled jalapeno slices (drain most of juice)
    fresh cilantro---not the whole bunch; maybe a 1/4--however strong you want the taste to be

    Dump all of these into a blender and puree

    :) Lindsay

    ReplyDelete