Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Texas Fun!

Okay, I realize we are not keeping up with the posts as frequently as I would like but there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get these done sometimes. Lucky for you, I have every other Friday off and I am finally getting to sit down and get this done.

We have been very busy as of late. Two weeks ago we made a trip to see my parents in Kilgore and on Saturday we headed over to Forth Worth to see my niece Summer perform at her HS football halftime show. She is a senior this year (I don't even want to think about that) and is the drum major for her band.

Not that anyone else would really care, but I made my first trip offshore last week on Thursday and Friday. It also marked my first time in a helicoptor. Pretty cool stuff. I'd post pics but

1). I am probably the only one who cares

2). I didn't take any pictures

These platforms out in the Gulf of Mexico are actually pretty impressive. One of mine floats in 3,800 feet of water. I think these things are pretty cool.

But back to why you all check this site. The boys. Ben seems to grow up a little bit more every day and Collin is still quite possibly the best baby we have ever seen. He never fusses and can pretty much go with the flow, which we be critical for him as he gets older and has to keep up with Ben. One quick story, over the past month or so we (mainly Carrie) have been teaching Ben about 911. We told him that if he ever sees Mommy on the ground and cannot wake her up to dial 911 on the phone. Well, about 2 weeks ago Carrie was doing something and Ben got ahold of a phone and proceeded to dial 911. Carrie thought she caught him in time before the call went through and went on about her business. A short time later there was a knock at the door and a squad car had been sent out to check on the call. Apparently it did go through. No harm was done and the officer was very nice about it all. On to the pics.


Collin LOVED the drums at the football game. Everytime they were playing he just flailed his arms and kicked his feet.

Me and my buddy.

I'll try and do a few more this weekend. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment