Sunday, September 30, 2007

Home Improvement

Well, this week we had a new countertop installed and bought a new kitchen faucet to go along with it. Being the handy man that I am (note the sarcasm) I was confident that I could install a new kitchen faucet. I quickly ran into a problem when I realized that our new sink was lower which now made the plumbing for the old disposal obsolete. This caused me many headaches and countless trips to Lowe's trying to make it fit with the limite space. Then on Saturday when I had just about decided that we were going to have to do w/o a disposal if Carrie ever wanted to have running water in the kitchen again (yeah, we went 3 days w/o running water and were washing dishes in our bathroom sink), she asked me if I had considered moving the disposal to the other side of the sink. Sounds like she should have been installing this thing herself. Well, that sped up the process and after a couple of more trips to Lowe's to get the right pipe, I successfully intalled the faucet and disposal. It may have taken 4 or 5 or 10 times longer than what it should have but I saved $200 in installation fees between the disposal and faucet.

Why am I telling you this, b/c I had a little help while doing this and I got a few pictures out of the deal so all in all, it was worth it. Ben loves to mimic just about everything that I do that involves work (mowing, vacuuming, whatever). Its very cute and he actually watches very closely and does almost exactly what I do. Well, when he saw me doing this he had to get out his tools and give me a hand.
Not quite, the typical plumber's view you would expect but its pretty close although I don't know too many plumbers who wear Spider Man underwear.
It was funny to watch because he tried to go in on his back like I was doing but he quickly decided that was too difficult and uncomfortable so he stuck to the position you see here.
Ben does not typically go around shirtless but he had just gotten through eating an ice cream sandwich and we didn't want him to get it covered in ice cream but I think it added to the overall look of the picture.

Finally, I would hate to leave out Collin so we here is a picture of the two boys in matching outfits that they wore to a BBQ we went to on Saturday with my team members from work.


Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics. Ben is just too funny in the 'sink installation' photos. The boys are growing so fast. I can't believe how big Collin has gotten. Remembering those trips to the hospital to visit him when he was less than 4 pounds...it is hard to believe how big he is now!

    Miss you guys terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so cute! Your countertops look very similar to ours, by the way--good choice! I can't believe how big Collin is either! Have a fun trip this weekend!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete