Thursday, August 13, 2009

Collin's Jealous Shirt

In the car this morning on the way to the park.....


Ben: Uh...mom, look at Collin's shirt.


Me: What is the matter with his shirt.


Ben: Well, I am pretty sure his shirt is jealous.


Me: Oh really, of what?


Ben: Of my shirt mom, because mine is cool and his is not.



Ben: Oh and by the way mommy, (he says as he points to a very nice BMW convertible) I want us to give this van back and get one of those cars with no roof just like that one.





Oh good grief! I did not even know he knew what the idea of being jealous was...but who knew that shirts had envious feelings as well! What will I do with this competitive little boy!!! He is a bit of a trash talker! I don't know where he gets it because Earle and I are not at all that way! Lord, thank you for giving Ben a confident spirit, but help me to be able teach him humility!! Oh, well, at least he still thinks that shirts bought at Wal-mart are the cool shirts... personally, I like Collin's better.

~CB
The "cool shirt" which has apple juice spilt all down it. The superman cape also doubles as a Darth Vader cape.




6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I really did LOL! You have your hands full with Ben, for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys crack me up!! Can I just say again that I love that Colin waved at me this morning?? That seriously made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things kids come up with- Love it! And love you! Call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! I love Collin's face in the picture!

    ReplyDelete