Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Earle!

We gave Earle his Father's Day a day early. We did a blurb book of random thought and poems that Ben and I put together. Here are a couple of things that Ben wrote about his dad to put in the book....dictated of course, the kid is still only four!

I Love Your Silly Face....
I love your silly face,
I love your stinky nose,
I love your silly giggle,
From your cheeks down to your toes.
You make me laugh and giggle,
You make my belly jiggle.
The End.
~BB
My Daddy
My daddy is really good at taking care of me.
He is good at sledding.
He is good at eating snacks with me.
He is good at playing with me and watching shows.
He is cool when he plays the Star Wars Wii.
He plays soccer with me.
He reads me stories at night,
He takes me to the park.
He is nice.
He is my best friend, Forever.
~BB
I guess nothing can capture the impact of a father's love, than the way his small son speaks of him. Earle is the best dad! Happy Father's Day!! And a Happy Father's Day to my dad, and to Pops and to Granddaddy Billy and to Bu!!
~CB

6 comments:

  1. The "best friend...forever" part totally made me tear up. Earle is SUCH a great dad!!! I love your family, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day, Earle!

    Thanks for sharing, Carrie. You're right, Ben and Earle have a pretty special thing going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet -- good rhyming, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet -- good rhyming, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Earle you are a great dad! Happy Father's DAY!
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the book you put together with Ben for Earle. There is a special bond between Earle and both his boys. I am so proud of you and Earle and the boys.

    Mops

    ReplyDelete