Saturday, October 25, 2008

6 Things that have impacted me this week...

1. Spending a week without Earle, realizing this is what it is probably going to be like for awhile!

2. A woman on Oprah named Jill Bolte Taylor she is an author of a book called, "My Stroke of Insight" an amazing story...click here for details

3. I read the Blog of Jordan and Kari Clark, two Christians that we are going to be attending church with when we get to Calgary. Their 14 mo. old passed away about a month a go from what appeared to be a mitochondrial disease. I sat sobbing while watching the slide show and felt so blessed and amazed at their spiritual strength and courage. Click here to read their story.

4. I realized the reason that Collin took so long to walk was most likely because of his inner ear and all of his ear infections. Our ENT told us that he was probably too dizzy to get his balance...and she feels he is still struggling with balance. He is having tubes put in and adenoids taken out next Friday. So, I just felt horrible that this went unnoticed by our pediatricians and that we have had to wait so long to have something done about it. I admire Collin's tough little happy spirit.

5. Ben is coming into his own as a little person. I loved spending time with him one on one this week. Even though he can be super hyper and exhausting, he is really a funny little boy, and so creative. I am proud of the way he is growing up...and especially how much he loves his little brother and wants to take care of him.

6. Earle sent me flowers yesterday before he got back and arranged for me to have a Manicure/Pedicure today!! It made me feel special!! Thank you and I love you Earle!

Have a great weekend!

CB

5 comments:

  1. Oh girl! Being home alone with two is tough! You are an awesome momma!

    I totally understand having a child not diagnosed or misdiagnosed. It is frustrating, and as a parent it is sad when you realize they have been suffering and you did not know it!
    Tubes will save your life! We are a believer in them.

    Hugs,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You made it a week and now get to enjoy being a complete family. Praying that the next few months go as smoothly as possible for all 4 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, as usual, you have weathered a couple of storms with that beautiful positive attitude that I admire so much! We'll be praying for Collin's procedures, your transition, and your new friends in Calgary. Love and miss you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my, Carrie! What a week for you! I'm sorry to hear about the surgery on Friday, but will be praying it goes so smoothly. We have to see our babies hurting, don't we??
    And what a sweet husband you have! Flowers and a mani/pedi???? Wow. I simply can not wait for Earle to be friends with Jeff:) (Jeff is awesome, too, BTW!)
    Hang in there these next few weeks. CAll me if there is ANYTHING I can do. I am MORE than happy to help in any way. I already love you guys dearly!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really good to see Collin walking and talking on Sunday. We all will miss him and he rest of the family. Cooper misses hi little budy already

    ReplyDelete