Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family Visits and a Superman Birthday!













We had a great and somewhat unexpected week this past week! We had already planned to go to
visit my grandparents in Alabama, so we went to Huntsville on Friday to see my mom's parents. We had a great time visiting my Mema and Granddaddy Billy, along with my great aunt and uncle, Widdy and Charles Riley! They spoiled the kiddos and fed us way too much, but we had a great time. On Saturday evening, Earle and I started getting a little more nervous about Gustav, and were trying to decide whether to go home to Louisiana or to go back to Paducah with my parents. Our decision was made for us when our parish had the mandatory evacuation. We ended up having a great week visiting with my father's parents, Ma and Bu, and my brother and sister-in-law, Ryan and Amanda Owen. Ben was supposed to have a big birthday party this Saturday, but due to the whole hurricane, for now it is cancelled. So we got to have a family birthday party at Ryan and Amanda's house on Labor Day. One interesting fact, my dad surprised Ben by dressing up as Superman! I am sure these photos will turn up elsewhere for my family's entertainment! I have to say, we were all entertained! We had a great time visiting with them and Ben absolutely loved playing with Lauren! The next day Earle and Dad took Ben to the Superman museum in Metropolis, IL. He was so excited he could hardly stand it! Sometimes unexpected trips are the best ones! We are heading back to LA tomorrow!

























6 comments:

  1. Hey, Carrie, did you hear that RC Thompson died this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dream birthday weekend for Ben. Isn't it great how family pulls together? Love the grandpa and grandson superman photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, SuperBen! I must gree, sometimes the unplanned trips are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pics of your dad are hilarious!! I must show them to Paul... :)
    Hope you hadd a good visit with your family and a safe trip home. It was great seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous grandpa! Happy Birthday Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Ben!! I am so glad that you guys are safe and sound!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately! Your dad is hillarious in the Superman coustume- what an awesome grandad!! Hope life is starting to return to "normal"!

    ReplyDelete