Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lunch at Earle's Office

























This past Friday, I had planned for the boys and I to go up and have lunch with Earle at One Shell Square. I had wanted to do this before Ben started back to school, since Fridays are a good day to go because it is really slow in Earle's office. I was excited to go because I had really never seen inside of where he had worked. All week, Ben had been running a low grade temperature off and on. Ben told me that nothing hurt and he felt fine. By the time Friday came he was temperature free so I decided to go ahead and take them. We brought our lunch, and ate with Earle on the 11th floor where he always eats with his co-workers. Then we went up to the 23rd floor where Earle's office was and the boys got to sit at his desk and play with his office supplies. It was fun. Earle spent most of his time chasing Collin, who did not want to sit in his stroller at all! It is a good thing that most people were not in office this Friday, because we were a wild and woolly bunch! It was really good to be able to visualize where Earle works and what he is doing everyday!

When we got home, we unloaded the car and I decided that I thought Ben felt a little warm, so Earle took his temperature and it was about 102.6... It was already 4:30p.m. on Friday afternoon, but I tried calling his pediatrician anyway to see if we could quickly get him in. Of course, they had just closed! So I again started drilling Ben asking if his tummy hurt or his ears or his throat...he said no, he was fine. So finally I said, come here and open your mouth really big for me.... and to my horrification this is what I saw!! Please don't scroll down if you are faint hearted...it is a little gross!





















I am not Dr. but that looked like a classic case of strep throat to me! You can see the big white pockets of fluid on both sides! Yuck! Needless to say we took him straight to the Redi-care and got him some antibiotics for yes, strep throat! How could I have not known or looked in his throat earlier in the week? He still ate chicken nuggets for lunch every day, never complaining of a sore throat!! Kids are often a mystery!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

CB

3 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Sometimes kids just don't complain about things because it keeps them from getting to do fun stuff. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I hope your throat is better. Looks like all of you had a great time at Earle's office. Mops and Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you have had a bummer of a week with sicknesss and then last night too. Sorry I didn't get to chat long with you at church. I wish I would have been thinking straight and just given you a big mom to mom hug. Hang in there!!!lol

    ReplyDelete