Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Battles of the Super Heros!


















I have had some Blogger's Block lately...it must have been I needed a little break! I thought I would write about our crazy house full of Super Heros. If you have been around our family at all this summer, you will know that Ben is completely obsessed with Super Heros. It started out with Superman this past spring and then he became exceedingly obsessed with The Incredible Hulk...and now he has added to the mix, Batman, Flash and of all things...Wonder Woman!(They came in a package of Diving sticks) Not only does he dress as Superman in his P.J.'s and the Incredible Hulk in his Underroo's...but he acts them out and if he has the outfits on he uses their personalities as excuses...examples are:



Me: Ben put on the shirt with your Shorts....
Ben: No, mommy, The Hulk doesn't wear shirts..

Me: Ben, it is time for a nap!
Ben: Don't make me angry....you won't like it when I get angry! (if you don't know, this is what the Hulk says)

Me: Ben, please go use the potty, before you put on you swimming trunks...
Ben: No mommy, Superman doesn't Pee!

Earle: (when crossing the street) Ben, hold my hand!
Ben: No, daddy, the Hulk doesn't hold hands....

As you can see, superheros don't have to do many things that humans have to do.

Here are some pictures of a couple of Ben's superheros, which he took himself when I did not know he had the camera...



















Then yesterday, I walked into the playroom and Ben was crying because ...(this was his explanation) "Superman with the long cape was trying to save Lois Lane from falling off of the flying helicopter.."

Here is the picture of what I saw...
















Then, I walked into the kitchen and this is what I saw,


















Ben had told me that Superman with the short cape had accidentally fallen because he flew too hard and his head popped off....so as you can see, yesterday, was a tragic day for the Superman at our house! Luckily, they were both fixed and are now as good as new!




Hope everyone is having a good week!!
CB

9 comments:

  1. I love love love the superman in the fan. I can't wait to see the Wonder Woman dive stick, she was my FAVORITE!! I had her underoos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I wished you all lived nearby - our church's VBS starts next week and guess what the theme is - Super heros!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we've got batman and spiderman underroos, and must have the spiderman fruit snacks but that's about as far as it goes. Ben is too, too, too funny! I can totally see superman in the fan at our house...we'll see how much more Conner is into it after tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I haven't laughed like that since I was a little girl!

    You know, Chuck Norris doesn't hold hands or pee either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That just made me laugh out loud! Ben is too funny, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this was too funny! That Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was priceless, and so Ben. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny are Ben's explanations! I can see your family rolling around laughing telling Ben stories when he is a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stories and pictures. I can tell he lives the part. Yes I did laugh out loud also. Love you Ben and Collin.
    Mops

    ReplyDelete