Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Collin!!










Well, last year, today, I woke up with the Doctor sitting at the foot of my hospital bed, and I said, "is today finally the day?" And he said, "I believe so, go get shower and we will get ready to have a baby." I was so glad to hear those words! So, around 7:15 that evening, Collin was born. He was born screaming, but a whopping 3 lbs. 12 oz. and 17 inches long. He also had a knot in his umbilical cord, there was a tear in my placenta, and he had stopped growing in utero...not to mention my state of severe pre-eclampsia....truly a miracle! As you can see from the pics, even the preemie diapers were way too big! Collin spent two weeks in the NICU and came home just weighing 4 lbs. and 2 oz. He is now almost 20 lbs, and I am guessing around 30inches!
I can't believe a year has passed! He does not even look like the same baby boy! We celebrated his birthday with Mops and Pops( Earle's parents) they came down for a visit. He loved his cake, as you can see and had a great time playing with his presents! Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for babies, and yay for birthdays! Happy birthday, Collin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable your husband and sons are! (But don't tell them I said that. Tell them I said manly or something.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how teeny tiny he was. You'd never know it to look at him now. Happy Birthday Collin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, sweet Collin! Joey can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Collin! I didn't think he looked tiny until I saw his pics in the Easter basket! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope he had a wonderful birthday!! That picture of him in the Easter basket is precious! Hope you had a fun Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Collin! Can you believe how quickly a year goes by? You have a precious family!!

    ReplyDelete