Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Greatest Gifts, An Abundance of Blessings






Okay, I want to reflect with everyone some of the greatest blessings of my year.

There are more than a few people who I would like to thank.

I want to thank the Postpartum Unit, Labor and Delivery, and NICU at St. Elizabeth's hopsital in Belleville, IL, for all of our care over our extended 5 weeks there. This is one of those circumstances when I truly felt humbled, and I was so overwhelmed with a sense of appreciation, I did not even know how to express. Chris, in post partum held my hand through some horrible times, made me laugh at myself and made life bearable. Kira did a manicure for me in the hospital bed, and many other nurses made me feel like a human, when I felt no where near human. Also, thank you to the NICU for caring after Collin as if he was their own. I am so indebted to you all. They took care of Collin and I in such an amazing way. They were truly angels tending to me. It is so strange, I got to know them, and strangely enough, when Collin and I were both released, I was sad to go because I had to say goodbye to these people, knowing, I will probably never see them again. What a gift they have given me!! Thank you to my parents for helping me with Ben during that time, and also, helping with our move. Thank you to the Starbucks people at Hart Food and Drug for always being so kind to me when I felt horrible and Ben was screaming in the Starbucks! Thank you to all of my friends in Illinois, who helped me this year. Angela, Becky, Jana, Jenny, Michelle, Debbie, April, etc....Thank you for the 2 weeks of "Carrie" goodbye get togethers that you gave me before we moved...that really made me feel loved and special and gave me strength to put myself out there when I moved here to Louisiana. Thank you to all of you new Louisiana people for accepting me as your friend...Angela C., Rachel, Whitney etc... Thank you Rochelle, for sticking in there for the past 13 years, I think! Thank you to Earle for still loving me through the gross pregnant stages...and there were some really gross ones this last time, and the crazy post pregnant phase which also included "crazy moving to a new state Carrie". Don't forget Ben, who makes me laugh, and Collin who calms my soul. I am so blessed by you. I am also so blessed each day when I hear from a friend or family member through this blog or facebook, that I have not heard from in years. That is truly a blessing. Through everything, it is so great and humbling to reflect on this years blessings. God is good. Here are a few pics of the boys, that did not make the "Christmas Card Cut"

4 comments:

  1. Hannah told me today that she 'misses her best friend, Ben'. So I showed her these pictures and she got very excited and asked if she could play with him.

    Deb and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie!
    I stumbled across your blog and I thought I'd say hi! Your children are adorable! Glad everything seems to be going well. BTW, how do you know Amy Hadfield? We went to high school together and I found you from her blog! Hope all is well - miss those Harding days!

    Stephanie (Citty) Schwieter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post Carrie! I would like to meet the"moving to a new state Carrie" sometime. Ha! That made me laugh. Your boys are so sweet. You truly do have alot to be thankful for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Browns. I can't believe how big Colon is. He's fat! Hope you guys are doing good in warm LA. It's supposed to snow here again tomorrow. WE're headed to Denver for Christmas. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete